Section 48 Inspection
On the 9th May 2018 the Archdiocese carried out an inspection of the school under Section 48 of the Education Acts 2005 and 2011 and I am delighted to share with you some of the highlights of that inspection.
The school was judged to be good with some outstanding features.
The Catholic Live of the school was judged as outstanding in all key areas.
Religious Education was judged as outstanding in how leaders and governors promote, monitor and evaluate the provision of Religious Education. It was judged to be good in all other key areas.
Collective Worship was judged as outstanding in how leaders and governors promote, monitor and evaluate the provision of Collective Worship. It was judged to be good in all other key areas.
It is obvious, from comments made in the report, that the inspectors were very impressed with our pupils. These are just of few of the comments.
- Pupils show respect for themselves and others
- The behaviour of most pupils is excellent
- Pupils value and participate in opportunities provided by the school
- Pupils show empathy and concern for the less fortunate
- Pupils are very supportive towards their peers and are proud to show love and respect to each other
- Pupils are actively engaged in lessons and are committed to improving their knowledge, understanding and skills, in order to further develop as competent learners
- Pupils work eagerly at their tasks collaborating and cooperating well with each other
- Pupils act with reverence and are keen to participate in Collective Worship
Staff and Governors have always believed that the school was strong in the areas that were subject to inspection but it is always good to get external verification of the fact that the school is going from strength to strength.
On behalf of the Governors I would like to thank you for your continued support for the school.
A copy of the full Inspection Report is below.
Chair of Governors