Welcome to 5ER & 5JA!
Welcome to the new Spring term!
We hope you have had a lovely Christmas.
Thank you for your cards and gifts.
We have a busy time ahead with our day visits to Tattenhall
(Class 5JA 29 th January, Class 5ER 30th January) when the children will be involved in a big art project and our trip to the Philharmonic Hall in March.
P.E will usually take place on Monday and Wednesday. However, can you ensure that your child has their P.E kit in school each day as it can change. Indoor kit includes black pumps please.
It is crucial that you continue to read with your child at home on a regular basis. Your child can read a book from either home or school if they are a free reader. We ask that you sign the reading record so we can monitor this.
Again, it is crucial that your child is supported with this. Homework reinforces learning, gets the children into good habits for their time in Secondary school and helps their independence and organisation skills.
Homework will be given on various days:
- Monday - Maths to be returned to school on Wednesday
- Wednesday- English to be returned to school on Friday
- Spellings will be given on a Monday and tested each Friday
- A topic grid will be given at the beginning of each half term.
- Children are expected to complete one task from the grid every 2 weeks. There is an element of choice to appeal to different learning styles and curriculum areas.
- Children have a pink homework book which they are encouraged to be responsible for. Please supply them with a pritt stick and a suitable blue pen so they can complete homework to the expected standard and stick it in their pink book.
Break and Lunch
Toast and dinner money are to be given to the class teacher on a Monday in an envelope with your child’s name on it please. If children bring in their own snack please ensure that it is a healthy choice.
If your child requires medication when in school (prescribed only) medication forms need to be completed at the school office – this includes the use of inhalers. Please make sure all inhalers are in date and have your child’s name on.
Journeying home alone
Please make sure the office has your written permission if your child is making their own way home from school.
Many thanks for your support
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mrs Armstrong and Miss Robertson